The International Society for the Advancement of David Kessler is a global organization comprising an elite group of people from around the world who are named David Kessler. Membership in The International Society for the Advancement of David Kessler (or TISFTAODK) is strictly limited to candidates who meet at least one of the two following stringent criteria: 1) Your name must be David Kessler; OR 2) Give me $1,000,000.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Most Famous David Kessler

Undoubtedly the world's most famous David Kessler is the former head of the United States Food and Drug Administration, Dr. David Kessler. David Kessler is probably most noted as bringing the U.S. tobacco industry before Congress's heavy scrutny. His investigations into the manipulation of nicotine levels in cigarettes and other manipulative and misleading practices of the tobacco industry contibuted to findings of culpability in federal courts and headline-grabbing record damage awards to plaintiffs and their families. Punitve damages also funded state-wide anti-smoking initiatives.

David Kessler earned an M.D. from Harvard AND (probably because he was bored) a law degree around the same time from the University of Chicago. Last I heard about this over-acheiving David Kessler is that he is Dean of the Yale medical school.

Added 9/22/2006 - I thought I was tracking down another David Kessler; this time an author of novels. I went to http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/k/david-kessler/ to find out more about David Kessler who wrote six books. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Oh, but I was. It seems the Deanship at Yale nicely affords David Kessler the time to pen fiction too. I stand by my last statement...

Hey, Dave. You're making the rest of us look bad.

No comments: